It’s hard not to like Steve Harvey – he’s a funny comedian, an alpha male and gives bang on advice to women.
OK I’m going to do my best to summarize the ideas in Steve Harvey’s Act Like a Lady Think Like A Man in as few words possible.
What drives men?
To be a provider. The less he feels like a provider the less of a man he feels. A man has to be #1 or feel in charge of something.
Men’s love is different than women.
Don’t project your idea of love on him. Men show love differently by what Steve calls Professing, Providing and Protecting.
Three things he needs:
3. The ‘cookie’ which is sex which is how men connect.
Without the above 3 your relationship will not survive or last long.
He wants to sleep with you. Duh!
Advice for single, unmarried women on the dating scene. Everything he says and does is designed to get you in bed. So:
- Set your ‘price’ or your standard.
If you want to get married set your price high
- Tell him what the ‘price’ is and see if he is willing to pay it
Note: ‘price’ is not money – it’s a measure of sating/courting time, respect, effort, romance, commitment, expectations etc
How men distinguish the marrying type of women
There are 2 Different types of women in mens eyes
1. Sport fish – catch and thenrelease them
Which are you? Which do you want to be?
Beware Mamma’s Boys
- A wife should never be second to his mother
- if he is a mamma’s boy you need to tell him to become the man and protector of his woman and family that you need him to be
Why Men Cheat?
1. If he’s not getting it from you may go looking for it
2. He thinks he can get away with it
3. Hasnt become the man he wants to be yet
4. There’s always a willing woman – somewhere
Get Some Stabdards..
Or he won’t respect you. What do you stand for?
Strong Independent Women
- If you don’t need us and tell us that we can’t be fulfilled and we’ll walk away.
- Dont give up your success – be a lady and ALLOW him to be a man.
90-day Rule – If your looking for Mr. Right – hold out on sex
There are a few more handy sections like ‘Getting The Ring’ and ‘Questions to Ask Him’ – but I did my best to cover the most juicy topics for you.
Is ‘Act Like a Lady Think Like A Man‘ by Steve Harvey worth the read? Absolutely! Hey, I read it and I’m a guy.
As always – I love your feedback so keep it coming.